Saturday, July 29, 2006

THE CRASH OF THE F150

The title pretty much explains it all. Less than 6 hours after getting my rental truck (see previous post for details), I got hit on my drive home from work. And by hit on, I don't mean some butch girl or redneck guy made sexual advances on me in my F150. I was driving west on Wilshire when a driver decided to change her mind and NOT turn left. She drove right out of the left hand turning lane and into the side of my rental F150. UGH. I didn't see it coming so I guess that's good. After a brief stint in a Dodge Neon (aka go-kart of death), I've upgraded to a Pontiac Grand Prix. It will do until the end of the week I guess, but I can tell you one thing. I won't be getting ANY play in this rental. Not like my Saturn was a magnet for hotties, but at least I was high enough to check out the options. The good news it that none of these accidents are my fault and while I'm still out $500 for the first accident deductible, the rest is covered. AND I have a prescription for Darvocet.

2 comments:

anna said...

Geez! And I thought I had it bad.

This is Anna - from so many years ago of the Paramount TV crowd. found you through Brian.

Glad to see that humor getting out to the world wide web.

Rick Andreoli said...

Yes, it would be VERY nice if you would share the drugs with someone who cares so deeply for you... and your pills. I promise to take my shirt off...