Thursday, July 20, 2006

For the love of L.A.

There are plenty of things to detest or to hate in life, but living in Los Angeles is not one of them. If you’re aged 18 or older and you hate living in LA, then leave. It will certainly help the traffic flow for those of us that choose to live there and actually like it. It’s beyond bizarre to me why so many people continue to live in a city that they claim to hate. What’s to hate about 90% of your days being sunny? Smog? Yes. Traffic? Yes? But guess what, that’s not a secret—you knew the traffic was bad and it was smoggy before you ever pulled up in your U-Haul. If you grew up here, and you still hate it, then you’re just an idiot. And don’t blame the “industry” on why you hate living in LA either. Because the boom of Hollywood didn’t happen in your first six months of L.A. residency. Now if you live in the 818, I’d be hating too, but my god, life is full of choices, get the hell out. I’m kidding about the 818. Kinda. I choose to live and love living in Los Angeles. Admittedly it was a hard move to make, and even harder move to stick with especially after my cheating midwestern boyfriend moved on with his new California girlfriend. But whatever doesn’t kill you will make you stronger, or it will crush you to the point of a truly tragic and pathetic state of weakness.

And you can still love LA, but hate the singles scene. It also goes with out saying that nobody sold the virtues of the city by touting the abundance of sexy, charming, midwestern valued single straight guys. But like I keep reminding you, it is your choice. Everything in life is a choice, except your family. Everything from your hair color to your nose is a choice. If you don’t like it, then change it. Or at least stop bitching about it. If it seems odd that I complain about people bitching about things and not making the changes to make them happier, but yet I choose to write about people complaining, please stick with me. It will be worth it.

I continued to choose to live in LA even though I haven’t found my prince charming, my acting career hasn’t happened (I should start with a class), but because sun makes me happy. And if you can start the day out with the sun shining into your bedroom half of the battle of the day has already been won. You can still complain about your job, boyfriend, body, traffic, etc. but by god, the sun is out people—get out and enjoy it. Or at least get to work within 15 minutes of the official 9am start time. That’s a start.

And even though the selection of single straight sexy males in Los Angeles is limited, you’re only about four hours from Vegas. More on Vegas to come . . .

3 comments:

Brian said...

My thoughts exactly... http://tinyurl.com/oqox3

Hehe

Anonymous said...

TRU DAT. I LOVE THE NEW BLOG. WOOHOO!!!!

anna said...

I miss LA.