Thursday, July 27, 2006

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

As much as I love living in L.A, I hate the kind of L.A. asshole who hit my parked car yesterday. They drove off without leaving a note, BUT he/she did manage to leave $2,000 in damage. And I don't know if it was a he or she or him or her, so going forward I will refer to the jackass as SHIM. I was at the quaint little John C. Fremont Public Library on Melrose and June. I parked on the street (June) right outside of the library parking lot. I originally pulled into the lot, but the only spot available was too tight because someone had parked on the line and I didn't want my 2003 Saturn Vue to get banged up. So I pulled out and parked on the street. I did my library business in less than 5 minutes. Even Dee the librarian commented on how quick I am. I walk out to my car and see it has been sideswiped-from the mirror to the back tire. No note, nothing. Unbelievable to me! THEN I ask a few people who are nearby if they saw anything and of course they don't want anyone even speaking to them let alone asking them for any type of assistance. I was just asking if you SAW anything. Ugh. Two nice fellow library patrons stopped and suggested I "canvass the neighborhood for information". Thanks Law & Order superfans, but I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get a license plate number out of that. So I filed my claim with GEICO today, and I'm out my $500 deductible. And as much as I believe in Karma, odds are I won't be there to see SHIM get his/hers. But I am going back to June/Melrose tonight for a stakeout in my F150.

THINGS TO LEARN FROM THIS POST
1. My Saturn is newer than HJO's.
2. It would have been cheaper to go to Barnes and Noble and buy a book.
3. Shim is a fun word. Thanks Lisa.
4. All libraries smell the same.
5. My rental car/truck is a Ford F150 quad cab. It's totally badass and makes me look like a possible white trash/country music loving ass kicker. I am not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you got banged. (and not in the FUN way). If you werent training, Id buy you a DRANK. xo

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you got banged. (and not in the FUN way). If you werent training, Id buy you a DRANK. xo